Monday, January 01, 2007

The Yo-Yo Trip

This India trip, though only for 10 days, was a mix of ups and downs ...... mostly impacted by things beyond my control .... the airlines would agree with me here.

After fog delays at Heathrow and at Delhi Airport, I ended up rupturing a tissue in my right foot, that put me on bed rest for 4 days ... that's 40% of my vacation spent in bed :(

Had to visit my folks in Kashmir, and the morning of the journey I was informed that the flight had been cancelled ....... no delays this time ........ plain simple cancellation !!. I somehow managed to get myself booked ontu another flight which got delayed by 5 hours. Having wasted one entire day in getting to my destination, I stayed in Kashmir for only another day, before heading back to Delhi for my best friend's wedding (no Julia Robert act from my side here).

The flight I took back to Delhi had a "Seat of Fortune" scheme, and for the first time in my life I won a contest ... a free return ticket to anywhere in India. Its a different thing that I will not be able to avail of it as the scheme is only valid till March 31 ..... and I will be busy dividing my time between Rhodes Lecture Theathre and Edmund Safra. :)

After an enjoyable Indian Wedding (with great food), lots of shopping, and a foggy New Year's eve, I am grappling with my packing for Oxford ......... My baggage, just like me is overweight yet again, and I am contemplating what to pack and what to leave behind.

More once I am back in Oxford.

No comments: