Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Phew !!

After four trips to the Indian High Commission in London, I finally got my passport renewed today. The question is why did it take so long when it should be done within 24 hours ? Well, the biggest reason is that I belong to this beautiful place called Kashmir, which gets a special treatment at most places. They had sent a special enquiry for me to confirm that I am a good boy, and that oxford has not made a mistake in giving me admission.

The Indian High Commission seems to be very particular. They also dont trust the American and British High Commissions as I have valid visas for both these countries......... there's much more I can write here, coz its pretty frustrating. I feel sorry for other people, for some of whom it has taken close to 4 years to get the name changed on their passport. I am lucky that ways.

Anyways, I am not done with the High Commission yet. My new passport is only valid for one year. I am travelling to USA next month, and once I come back from there, I will have to reapply for a renewel, and this time they will give me a 10 year validity. Lets hope so!!

No comments: