Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blood on High Street !!

Day 1 of exams ... and just like last term, it was again dramatic. Unfortunately, this time, apart from the weather (which included hail, rain, snow), there was also mayhem in the exam hall.

The first paper was Financial Management, and we came out of the beautiful exam school after those 90 minutes in a state of shock. The paper was difficult and lengthy, and all my effort to master the past papers and practice questions as wasted. I am yet to hear of a person who completed all 10 questions..... my random sample tells me that the average attempt rate was ar0und 6 questions.
.
The red carnations were seen in plenty for the afternoon session, implying our butchering by the examiners in the first exam. The second paper was IBGG, and it was ok. You really have to be talented to screw up on a case sudy (this doesn't apply to marketing though - my next paper). This paper was also in some way a bit of a shock. After taking the advise from a 'reliable(???)' source, most of us had prepared 4 topics - more to do with the entry of firms from developed countries into emerging economies. And what did we get ? Just the opposite ...... Firms from the emerging markets going abroad. But no sweat really .... after spending so much time on those frameworks, I made sure they were adapted to the scenario :) . Rest of the story marks will tell.
.
I better sleep now. After Marketing, I have Finance-II and Operations Management on Wednesday ...... so I am not gonna get any sleep that night. So let me freshen up for the assault.

No comments: