Thursday, March 08, 2007

Countdown has begun !!

10 more days left for my next exams..... and this time I am not at all looking forward to them. The only paper I am comfortable with is Marketing, probably because there isn't much to do there. David Arnold has been kind enough (after his not so kind marking on our only assesment) to give us his 'Eight Big Ideas' to crack marketing business problems.
.
For Finance-II, I have a decent buffer from my assessments, and will probably rely on the summary sheets that Jos Van Bommel has provided us.
.
Financial Management is fortunately based on the first five weeks. The paper is all numerical based, and that should be ok .... hopefully. I have no idea about the last three weeks, and if anybody in our class can say that s/he is right on top of the course material covered in these three weeks, I will recommend him/her for a Nobel in Financial Management.
.
Macroeconomics has been one of the most interesting classes at Said Business School. Oren Sussman is simply fantastic. His classes are a must attend if you want to learn more about things that we take for granted - inflation, depression, defecits ....... but dont really understand much about them. His assignments have been extremely challenging and time consuming, and the paper will be equally tough, coz he doesn't seem to be very exam focussed (which I think is good - considering we are not here to just score good marks, its more important to learn). But the bottomline for this paper is that, I am very scared about it.
.
Operations Management..... as of now, I dont have much of a clue ....... we used all kinds of gadgets in class, and played all sorts of games, but I am not to sure about the concepts we have learnt, But considering, we are working on the project that will require us to apply some of the concepts, I should be able to get some practice before the exam.
.
Last but not the least ..... IBGG - International Business & Global Governance. After writing an assignment every week, one would expect to be a master at this course. But like the name, its too global, and I can frankly apply onl the learnings from a couple of weeks. The problem with this course is that unlike Strategy from last term (which Thomas Powell taught brilliantly), this course does not have very many frameworks to apply to business problems. Hopefully my 'P' grades in assignments will help me on this one.
.
Well after going through the list, I am not scared anymore (except for maybe in Macro). But the papers this term dont seem to be scoring. Anyways ... time to hit the books !!!

No comments: