Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Drama on Day 1

That's how I would like to summarize my first day of exams at Oxford.

Four of us had decided to take a taxi to the exam school, and inspite of proactively reminding the taxi guy on the eveof the exam and early in the morning, he ditched us. We waited till about 8:45 am (exam was to start at 9:00 am), and then started walking towards the train station for another cab.

The rain gods decided to add to our woes and it starting pouring (i haven't seen such a heavy downpour in my last three month here). Add to that the wind factor, and we were pretty much drenched (considering the four of us had two umbrellas to share amongst us).

As in a crisis situation, we formulated a strategy and spread in different directions looking for cabs. Finally our 'booked' taxi nly picked us. It was 9:25 am then.

We were fortunate that it was the first day, and the exam started a bit late. I sat for both my exams in a wet suit. I discarded my 'sub-fusc' as it was drenched.

The silver lining of the day - the papers were 'passable' ..... Just in cae ou did not know, I belong to the "Get 50 Club".

Now lemme get back to my Org. Behaviour Models .... This subject puts me off to sleep in an instant...... Here's hoping that the exam paper is more engrossing :)

No comments: