Saturday, December 16, 2006

Respite from Exams

If I tell my classmates that I woke up at 4:00 am on the morning after exams, they'll freak out. But I did wake up at that crazy hour (Its not crazy during exams though). I had to go to London to get my passport renewed, and wanted to reach the Indian High Commission before it opens at 9:30 am. Pre-empting your next question - "Then why at 4:00 am ?" , for anbody who has had experience with the Indian Embassy would know better about the long queues outside the Indian Embassy.

I reached London at 7:00 am and then took a pleasant walk to my destination, past Trafalgar Square and the Big Ben. When I reached the Embassy at 8:00 am, there were already more than 350 people lined up ........... I hope that is evidence enough !! .... After spending another 5 hours there, my work was only 10% done, and I will be going there again sometime in March now. :) ... I have a passport that was issued in kashmir, and now these guys have to do some extra verification. I think I look Indian enough to be treated like a normal citizen ! So far people have taken me to be a German, Afghani and Swedish...... Crazy I tell ya !!

Spent some more time roaming around London .. went to Piccadilly Circus & China Town .... met Sudheer (who had come for an interview with Diamond) and his wife Sushma (who had come for Chicken Biryani) ...... a simple illustration to show how much fun the spouses are having vis-a-vis the students.

Finally got back to Oxford, had a nice dinner out with wifee dear ... and then slept for 15 hours :)

1 comment:

Amit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.