Sunday, October 15, 2006

End of Week 1

Week 1 is over ... but somehow it feels that I have been studying here for quite some time. Classes after all those years of work, can be taxing. We had a lecture each for the the 6 core courses that we will be studying this term.

Some of the classes were fun.... especially the Financial reporting class..... it was a laugh riot.... Our professor ... Dr Tomo Suzuki is hilarious to say the least. I am a complete poet (his term for a beginner) in Accounting, and he made me feel pretty much at ease.

We also had some company presentations .... a couple of Investment banks - Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers. I even met up with some of the career consultants to understand the various functions and roles with Finance, and if my background is suitable for it.

We also had to submit our first group assignment, this one was for Strategy. After much debate I think we have submitted a good analsis of the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream case....... I have resolved that if we do well, then we are gonna treat ourselves to B&J ice cream, and if we ont, I am gonna boycott them ... just kidding.

The week has just whizzed past, and I have loads of work to complete.

See ya ....

1 comment:

Thought Pourri said...

Haha...cracked up laughing at the 'poets' part...I know, I've been a poet through most of my core term courses...

Here at ISB (and maybe even in other Indian MBA schools), all non-engineers are called 'diversity candidtates'...I've always wanted to be one...that's all the school seems to boast about...and we're looked down on like fish feed...

Good luck through your term...it is not very easy to get into an academic rigamorole after working...but you'll be fine!

Hang in-there!
Cheers
~s